SUCCESS STORY OF SECTOR-21

(A real story which may bring a difference in you for a/an/your
sec/min/hour/day/week/month/year/lifetime)

“I am a student. I want to study and learn. But there is very little opportunity in our locality. Also the financial condition of my familyis not sound.
I have completed my matriculation and now want to do my higher secondary education. Can I help my family and keep my studies going simultaneously? Can I?
Yes, I can. I know stitching. I can earn something by using my leisure time for stitching.”
This was the thought of a girl named Maithili Sahoo from a leprosy colony situated in sector-21, Rourkela. Finally she did what she was thinking and successfully passed +2 Arts exam from CHSE board scoring 52% marks with her own effort.
Still she wanted to pursue higher studies which required some more financial assistant and then AASRA helped her in achieving her ambition. Currently she is doing her undergraduate (B.A.) with political science as hons. Now she has won the 1st prize in Rangoli competition in their college.
Two more girls (Hemabanti Nayak and Sarindri Bhoi) also have successfully passed their 10th state board exam. A boy named Munna from the same locality has also completed B.Sc and now joined for MCA.

Comments

  1. It's heartening to know that Munna has enrolled for the MCA course. I'd like to know in which institute/college he's pursuing MCA.
    Hembanti and Sarindri are very bright students and both are good at maths and I'd love see both of them in engineering.

    Best Wishes,
    Chandan Thakur

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

हमेशा PRESENT हूं ना..

Jagda: Of Little Hearts and Mighty Dreams

Lighting Lives, Making a Difference: Diya Project 2k17